Westbury station will be closed over Christmas and New Year, meaning that most northbound trains from Bruton will not go beyond Frome. This will disrupt travellers to and from Bath, Bristol, Salisbury, Southampton and London Waterloo. A bus service will run from Frome.
From the GWR website:
Westbury Station will be closed from Sunday 23 December to Thursday 3 January for major work on the tracks at this important junction, extending the existing platforms and bringing the disused Platform 1 back into use. This will allow for longer and more frequent trains. Please note:
- Trains will be unable to call at Westbury
- Trains to/from London or Reading will call at Frome instead
- Trains from Bristol Temple Meads will terminate at Trowbridge
- Trains from Southampton Central will terminate at Warminster
- Most trains from Weymouth will terminate at Frome
Limited direct peak-time services will run between Bristol and Weymouth, but won’t call at Westbury.
For more information got to the GWR website or call Customer Support on 03457 000 125
You can visit the Friends of Bruton Railway Station website.